MINORITY BUSINESS ENTERPRISE (MBE)
If your business is at least 51% owned, operated and managed by an ethnic minority that is a U.S. citizen, then you are a Minority Business Enterprise, or MBE. TSMSDC offers MBEs a number of services and opportunities to grow and connect with buyers, develop new customer bases and more. MBEs must go through the certification process and be re-certified annually to take advantage of all the TSMSDC has to offer.
To become a certified MBE, your company must meet the following criteria.
YOUR BUSINESS IS:
- A for-profit enterprise
- At least 51% ethnic minority-owned. (Note: Ethnic minority-owned is defined as any business having owner(s) belonging to the following minority groups – African American, Hispanic American, Asian Pacific Islander American and Asian Indian American and Asian Indian American)
- Physically located in the United States or its trust territories
- Owned by minority/ethnics that are U.S. citizens
- Managed by minority/ethnic owners, including daily business operations
TSMSDC Membership is available to corporations looking to expand their minority supplier base with certified MBEs. We assist corporations in developing, marketing and enhancing their minority business development program in a productive and efficient manner.
Corporate Members must commit to the following requirements:
- Have or establish a minority business development policy or plan in support of Supplier Diversity and minority business development
- Report annually aggregate dollar purchases from MBEs
- Designate a representative as a point of contact
- Participate in TSMSDC local activities
- Promote business opportunities for MBEs
- Commit to an annual Corporate Membership fee
- Serve as an Ambassador for TSMSDC in support of our mission
- Support and promote TSMSDC mission, vision and goals